Monday, August 23, 2010

Down to the City Beautiful

So this weekend my family planned a sudden trip to Chandigarh to meet my cousins since rakshabandhan was around the corner. Chandigarh, often refered to as 'the city beautiful,' is only city in India that is a join capital of 2 states - Punjab and Haryana. The city designed by the french architect Le Corbousier is not only 2nd planned city of India(after new delhi) but also the cleanest city in India. This city is also my birthplace and holds a really special place in my heart. The wide tree lined roads, the distant view of hills at the horizon, the freshness of the air, warm people, beautifully planned houses, beautifully pruned round about circles... the city is truly as close as a city can get to Utopia!

Here are some pictures I clicked while on the way:


Delhi Truckers have the most insane sense of humor!

Here's another one.
This one has the Gayatri Mantra on it!

Rain followed me once again.. no surprises!




The wired Ravana



I saw some very interesting truck closures... ideas for a bag maybe?!









We stopped at this really beautiful haryana tourism resort at Rai, Haryana for some snacking!
An exact half an hour stop - just enough to grab a bite and click a few pics :)


Top - Delhi, Pants - Fab India, Bag - Jaipur, mirror belt - Mela, Shoes - Bruno Manetti,
Bangles - Assam








Camel Leather hand embroidered 'Potli' bag from Jaipur Fair






Dad and Mum




The drive through the village side on this really awesome expressway is really so much fun, specially with my dad touching 140-150 km/hr. Yes, we are a family of adrenaline junkies.





So close to our destination, four hours down... tired and excited.

Even more pics in next post.
PS - M, I hope you are happy that i refrained from any heavy collages.
Much Love,

15 comments:

wobblinbetty said...

so many nice pics!!!! love them!
...and your idea of edward much tat is pretty cool..just the tattooer would need to be really good to reproduce such a masterpiece!
big kisses xx

Aarti verma said...

the potli bag iz toooo cute!!!

Hippie Holly said...

The bag is super cute! As is the outfit- purple with black and white pants- genius!

M said...

Yes. Thank you!! And my favorite bit is - the truck latches.

Madmade said...

love the truck closure thing !!! excellent observation and you can put it to good use. first bag mine :))) love

Madmade said...

love the truck closure thing !!! excellent observation and you can put it to good use. first bag mine :))) love

Madmade said...

love the truck closure thing !!! excellent observation and you can put it to good use. first bag mine :))) love

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Love ur bag and the pic where u have it on ur head..reminds me of the village women with water jars on their heads:-)

Bhushavali said...

Great location and lovely outfit!!!

One more LBD - Little Black Dress

The Photodiarist said...

Great photos. Love the ones with the feet on the dashboard.

Prutha Raithatha said...

loving the pics..that yellow wall is soo cool..

Vintage Obsession said...

The bag ,i'm totally digging :) the location seems so fab as well :)

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

There's so many things I like about this post:
1) Long car journeys in India
2) Your description of the "Wired Raavan".
3) Your mom and dad are cuteness. Remind me of mine. So long now since I saw them!
4) Your potli bag is fabulous.
5) Your geek glasses. Are they geek glasses?? I love them!
6) The colour purple
7) The monochrome print
8) The fantastic art-wall that you're standing against
9) YOU, for all this fabulosity in one post.

Phew. Now I will take another sip of my ginger tea.

Spardha Malik said...

OMG Tamanna... you totally made my day!! I'm so inspired to do another post now! :)

Do check back again.

wobblinbetty said...

hey Spharda! thanks for your clever comment about the video! I quite agree with you! Actually, I have been pretty neutral in my post 'cause I was curious to see how people would have reacted to it! Pity that most of the comments just said it is beautiful...not something to think about!